TREDJE NATUR is selected for the project competition concerning ‘BørneRiget – Children’s Hospital Copenhagen’
together with Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects, MOE, CREO ARKITEKTER, Keingart and Smith Innovation. Rigshospitalet, Ole Kirk’s Fond and The Capital Region of Denmark have formed a partnership concerning the new Hospital building. The Contracting Authority wants to build a visionary building that supports children and their families throughout their stay at the hospital, and a building that is closer to the children, youths and women in labor’s feelings and needs than any other place.
The construction of the Children’s Hospital Copenhagen gives a unique opportunity to create a better user experience, functionality, integration of treatments, research and education. A new building that can raise the standards for the treatment of children, youths, women in labor and their families, and where treatment and care is taken into perspective from the families side. This also applies to the children’s and youth’s ability to play and learn by being an active part of the treatment of a patient. A building where the architecture builds a good and safe framework throughout the process of the patients treatment and their relatives as well as a well working workplace for the staff.
The complete construction zone is about 17.900 m² and is in the western part of The Rigshospitalet cadastral towards Amorparken and the skate park in Fælledparken, Østerbro. The construction zone will cut though Henrik Harpestrengs road. The total structure will make up a total of around 58.660 m², and it can be built approximately 60 meters high.
We want to build the world’s best hospital for children and families. Nothing less. We want to build a hospital that sets new standards for treatments. A building that sets new standards for the interaction between architecture, organization and maintenance.
In the new hospital treatments, research and education will be equal focus areas, and we want to be the best in all three fields. We will create an academy where the academic competences are exchanged and there will be collaborations between other educational institutes, research places and business’.
We will invent and introduce new coherent patient process’. We will let the specialists come to the patients instead of being the other way around. We will open up the hospital to the rest of the world.
All in all we will make Denmark’s best special hospital for children and families a thousand times better.
–A piece of the competition program
The prequalified teams are:
– 3XN A/S as main consultants with Arkitema Architects, ALETICA and Kirstine Jensens Tegnestue as sub-consultants
– Building Design Partnership Limited as main consultants with Gottlieb Paludan Architects and Art In Site Ltd. as sub-consultants
– Henning Larsen Architects A/S as main consultants with COBE, Søren Jensen Rådgivende Ingeniørfirma, Royal Haskoning DHV and Gemeinschaft as sub-consultants
– The consortium Børneriget Design Group consisting of PLH Arkitekter, Nickl & Partner, Amstein + Walthert og ISC consultant engineers with Balslev Rådgivende Ingeniører, Marianne Levinsen Landskab and Steensen Varming as sub-consultants
– The consortium Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects K/S and MOE A/S with TREDJE NATUR, CREO ARKITEKTER, Keingart and Smith Innovation as sub-consultants
– Aarhus arkitekterne a/s as main consultants with Bjarke Ingels Group, Sweco Danmark and Schønherr as sub-consultants
Read more on BørneRigets home page.